Saturday, January 9, 2010

the raging NILE

I visited our lot and the creek today after weeks of rain. The creek is very high and fast and roared like a freight train. Quite different from the mild mannered, crystal clear stream we're used to seeing in the summer. The lot was sodden, rain pouring down and bouncing off the leaves and debris on the ground. At least I didn't have to fight my way through a tangle of brush to get to the creek. It's hard to believe that this will be our home in a year.
I had an appointment to meet with a BC Land Surveyor to review and complete the paperwork required to get our development permit. He is familiar with the creek and tells me that we can expect to see black bear, cougar, deer and eagles in the area. The predators will be drawn by the salmon that spawn in the creek. It was a fun and informative conversation. The only piece left to complete the application will be our final house design. I plan to meet with our designer and brainstorm the plan next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment