Friday, April 1, 2011

Colour comes to the Rain Forest

It's still cool and wet here but you wouldn't know it by the burst of growth and appearance of flowers these past few weeks. I know spring is also on it's way to the east - you can feel it's coming. Hopefully these pictures will give you strength to hold on for the next few weeks...


A Rhododendron on the lawn down the street and Primulas poking through the debris.


Snowdrops, the first to show (and long past now) and Trillium's growing along the creek.


Crocuses and Hyacinth and a lone Daffodil in Mom's garden.


Daffodils on Ian's lawn, Forsythia and Bluebells.


Heather growing along Joyce's garden path and a sure sign of spring: Skunk Cabbages growing in the woods.

And last but not least...
if the Home Depot says it, then it must be so

1 comment:

  1. Bev,
    Your photos have me drooling, almost literally. As a gardener, for me it would be Heavenly to live where you guys are ... but I'll enjoy it as a
    voyeur! Oh, and to be let loose in one of the garden centres out there, well, no, that would be far too dangerous...
    I'm working on dryland gardens here, which is a challenge, but fun too.
    I belong to NARGS, and enjoy talking with folks who find fun in growing things from seed and stuff, but ! heck, I could do that out there too!
    Will you adopt me? LOL
    Faith aka I'm with Al

    ReplyDelete